Every year around Thanksgiving, I will be asked by one of my sellers if they should take their home off the Spring Texas real estate market during the Holidays.
My answer is “It depends”. If your reason for selling is because of lifestyle, your time frame is flexible, and you do not want to be inconvenienced with showings during the holidays, then my answer is “go ahead and take your home off the market”.
If you have your home on the real estate market for ANY OTHER reason, then my answer is “keep it on the market”.
Yes, it is true there are less buyers viewing homes during the holidays. But the buyers are more motivated and less “lookers”.
So before you decide to take your home off the Spring Texas real estate market for the Holidays, consider these reasons for keeping it on:
- Not all buyers celebrate the same Holidays. It may be the Holidays for you but not for the buyers of your home.
- Your Holiday decorations increases your home’s curb appeal.
- Employers relocate their employees during all months of the year. Not just the Spring and Summer months.
- The Spring Texas weather during November and December is still very pleasant. Rarely and I do mean rarely do we have snow. Its a great time for buyers to be out viewing homes.
- Buyers have a little more time during the Holidays to view homes because they have vacation days that have to be used before the end of the year.
- There are fewer homes on the real estate market. Translating into less competition and increasing your home’s probabilities of selling.
Now I wish I could tell you with 100% certainty that if you keep your Spring Texas home on the market during the Holidays, you will be given the gift of a buyer. But unfortunately I can not.
What I can tell you with 100% certainty is if your home is NOT on the market it WILL NOT SELL. This I know.