Since I am in a holiday mood, I was looking for a fun way to combine real estate and the holidays. My idea …. create a Top 9 list of things Spring Texas homebuyers have in common with Santa Claus. I was hoping to come up with a Top 10 list but try as I might I could only come up with a Top 9 list. Just like David Letterman’s Top 10 Lists some of the items on the list are funnier than others. So if you have to force a laugh on a couple of the items I understand.
Top 9 things Spring Texas home buyers have in common with Santa Claus:
9. In Dreams. Sellers dream about finding a buyer for their house. Girls and boys dream about Santa Claus and his sack of toys.
8. Tempted by Treats. Sellers tempt home buyers to purchase their house by offering to pay closing costs or including flat screen televisions. Girls and boys put out cookies and milk to tempt Santa into leaving them more toys.
7. Jolly. Home buyers are happy about purchasing a home and the big guy, well they don’t call him “Jolly Old St. Nick” for nothing.
6. Gift list. My home buyer clients and Santa Claus both have my name at the top of their gift list.
5. Helpers. Real Estate Agents, Loan Officers, Home Inspectors, Surveyors, Appraisers, and Escrow Officers work together to help buyers find, purchase, and close on a home. Santa has many many elves helping him.
4. Budgets. The monthly mortgage payment has to fit within the home buyers budget. Santa has a defined budget he has to stay within. Wait a minute … Santa doesn’t buy the toys because the elves make them. So there is no budget. Okay, maybe only home buyers have budgets.
3. Schedules. Home buyers have numerous tasks to complete by specified dates to meet their scheduled closing date. Santa has a schedule he needs to keep if he is going to get all those toys delivered in one night.
2. Lists. Home buyers make lists of the wants and needs they have for a home. Not as exciting as Santa’s list of the nice and naughty but they are lists just the same.
1. Changes. After further consideration, home buyers often change the needs and wants on their list. Santa changes his mind too. Its when Santa checked his list twice that he remembered Bobby had put gum in Suzie’s hair and Bobby was quickly moved from the nice to the naughty list.
If you didn’t get a chuckle out of at least one item on the list, then please accept my apologies. My husband does say I am not as funny as I think I am.
What to say about Jill.....well she is just amazing! If you want a Realtor who will truly look out... read moreWhat to say about Jill.....well she is just amazing! If you want a Realtor who will truly look out for your best interests, give you her honest professional input and who understands the Houston area market, she is the one. She is so knowledgeable in every aspect of purchasing/selling a home and she shares all of that information with her clients. We knew she was super busy, but she never made us feel that way. We almost felt like her only clients! She is just that good! She spends the time to get to know you and what you like and she is quick at picking it up. She will give you her honest thoughts, whether you like what she is saying or not, but you know it is honest and each time she was right! She is professional, compassionate, friendly, and definitely goes above and beyond for those she works for. I really don't think you can get better ;) We were referred to her by a friend and I will be forever thankful. She not only got us into an unbelievably beautiful home at an unbelievably good deal, she helped support us through a rough sell of a home in another state. I have so much respect for her and I think any prospective home buyer/seller would be lucky to have such a great Realtor guiding them through the process. Thank you Jill for everything you did! Especially taking care of my husband as you showed him homes :) read less