My fellow Texans, here is your chance to go online and cast your vote for our new 2009 state license plate. The voting started on February 4th and you have until noon on February 11th to submit your vote for one of five designs, including the current license plate. All four new designs feature Texas on the top and “The Lone Star State” on the bottom.
The four new options are:
1. New Texas – A red, white and blue design featuring a composite of Texas urban skylines at the bottom.
2. Traditional Texas – Blue highlights and a white background with a gold Lone Star.
3. Lone Star Texas – A white Lone Star in the top left-hand corner of the plate against the Texas sky with a mountain range across the bottom. This plate gets my vote. It reminds me of what my idea of Texas was when I was growing up. Nothing but mountain ranges and cowboys.
4. Natural Texas – The plate is covered with a picture of wild flowers. My mother loves Texas wildflowers, especially the blue bonnets. If she lived in Texas, this is the plate she would vote for.
5. The current license plate – A cowboy, space shuttle, and moon design was introduced in 2000. Since its introduction TXDOT has manufactured 31.5 million of the plates.
What’s the reason for the new plates? TXDOT is about to run out of possible number and letter combinations with the existing six-character system. The 2009 plate will be a seven-character system.
Now the thing that you have to understand is We Texans just LOVE our State. I have lived in numerous states in my life, but none of them compares to the love the residents of Texas have for their state.
The initial voting response has been overwhelming. In the first 30 minutes, the quantity of traffic crashed the TXDOT’s web site. Hmmm, maybe there’s a good idea here to be applied to other forms of voting. What if we could vote for Presidential candidates online or via our cellphones? Maybe it is just what we need to get more people to VOTE.
Jill Wente is an exceptional real estate agent. Her ability to stage your property for an expediatant sale that... read moreJill Wente is an exceptional real estate agent. Her ability to stage your property for an expediatant sale that gets your asking price or better is assured as ours was due to Jill’s ability to stage your property. The time Ms. Wente spends with you discussing your home’s need as far as staging and repairs shows not only her concern for you but reaps rewards if you are willing to listen to her expertise. My wife and I have had extensive experience with real estate agents in the past but Jill Wente far surpasses those selllers of homes and finally found a “real” real estate agent with the abilities that make her a true professional. Adhering to her requests enabled us to sell our home in one weekend with a purchase price above our asking price! We experienced a bidding war that was due to Jill Wente, who kept in constant communication with us, visited the property on numerous occasions to keep us on track with the staging, repairs and photos. Her photographer visualizes your home to the public in dramatic fashion. And in conclusion Jill Wente the extra mile in securing an agent where we relocated to who found us an exceptional retirement home of our dreams. Your decision to chose Jill Wente will be the most intelligent chose you can make regarding one of the biggest decisions you will in your lifetime! read less