Halloween Events and Activities in Spring Texas – 2011
Is Halloween your favorite holiday? Do you go all out with decorations and costumes? If you love Halloween, there are lots of activities in the Spring Texas area to help you celebrate …. from haunted houses to ghost tours to pumpkin patches to festivals and trick or treating.
Haunted Houses – ScreamWorld (Among Top 13 US Haunts – MSNBC) is designed to give you nightmares or at least a bad dream. They are open Thursdays – Sundays during the month of October. ScreamWorld is not recommended for children under the age of 12.
Walking Ghost Tours – Do you believe in ghosts? Maybe you will after going on a walking ghost tour of Old Town Spring. Tour dates are October 30th and 31st from 7 – 9:30 PM. The tour is $22 and you need to book it in advance.
- The Old Time Christmas Tree Farm is holding its annual Pumpkin Patch on Saturdays and Sundays through October from 10 to 7 pm. Take photos of the kids with pumpkins, ride the train, or go for a hayride. Admission is $3 and tickets for the rides are $2.
- Faith United Methodist Church at 2403 Rayford Rd in Spring Texas started their patch with over 1,000 pumpkins. You can hunt for your pumpkin from their patch daily between the hours of 9:30 to 7 pm
- TGR Exotics’s Pumpkin Patch on the Wild Side at 22115 Sherrod Lane in Spring Texas is open on Saturday from 10:30 to 5 pm and Sunday from noon to 5 pm from Oct. 1st – Oct. 31st. You can get up close and personal with camels, kangaroo joeys, piglets, and other baby exotic animals. Admission is $7 which includes the price of a hay ride.
- Pumpkin Jubilee at Vintage Park (Louetta and 249) on October 15th. Activities begin at 11 am with arts and crafts, bounce house, face painting, hayrides, and outdoor showing of Hocus Pocus at 7 pm.
- PumpkinFest at Faith United Methodist on October 22nd from 9 to 4 pm. Chili cook-off from 11 to 2 pm with a petting zoo and pony rides for the kids.
- Scream-In at Barbara Bush Library on October 22nd from 6:30 to 9:30 pm for teens in grades 6 – 12 only. Halloween-themed activities along with a costume contest.
- Spooktacular fundraiser at The Woodlands Children Museum on October 31st from 4 to 8 pm. Games, face painting, music, magic and of course treats. Admission is $7 for members and $9 for non-members. Parents FREE.
Hocus Pocus Pops – Enjoy a night of bone-chilling music by the Houston Symphony at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion on October 28th at 7:30 pm. Admission is $15 for Orchestra seats with Mezzanine and Lawn seating being FREE.
Trick or Treats:
- Trick or Treat Trail at Town Green Park on October 30th from 3 to 6 pm. FREE event.