The holidays are here and your social calendar is filling up quickly. Time has become a precious commodity. To ease the pressure of keeping your house in showing condition every day, you are thinking about taking your home off the Spring Texas real estate market during the holidays.
Should you or shouldn’t you take your house off the market during the holidays?
I can give you a half dozen reasons why you should keep your house on the market during the holidays including …
1) Although there are fewer buyers during November and December, the buyers are more motivated.
2) Buyers who are currently renters time the purchase of a home with the expiration of their lease. Leases expire every day of the month not just in non-holiday months.
3) People are relocating to Spring Texas for jobs every day. These people can’t wait until after the holidays to find a place to live. They have to find a place to live NOW!
4) Not all buyers celebrate the same holidays.
5) There are fewer homes on the market during the holidays. Keeping your house on the market gives you a competitive advantage.
6) Buyers are in a “good mood” during the holidays and they are easier to negotiate with.
If you truly want to sell your Spring Texas home, then keep your house on the market during the holidays. I cannot guarantee you will sell your home if you keep it on the market but I can guarantee you won’t sell your home if you take it off the market.
We entrusted Jill Wente with the sale of our current home and purchase of a new home. From the beginning... read moreWe entrusted Jill Wente with the sale of our current home and purchase of a new home. From the beginning she was extremely up front and honest about exactly what we would need to do to get our house sold. We had an incredibly tight timeline, that she explained would be difficult to make - but she helped us make it happen and our house was under contract in 2 days! She had recommendations for all our home repair needs and they were all professional and fairly priced. She worked hard to really sell our offer for our new home - she was able to pull off the tight timeline, securing a rent back from our old house so we had time to move out, and a contingency for our new home. Definitely exceeded our expectations. She was so helpful along the way - as first time home sellers we really relied on her and we feel lucky to have worked with her! You will not regret working with Jill! read less