The holidays are here and your social calendar is filling up quickly. Time has become a precious commodity. To ease the pressure of keeping your house in showing condition every day, you are thinking about taking your home off the Spring Texas real estate market during the holidays.
Should you or shouldn’t you take your house off the market during the holidays?
I can give you a half dozen reasons why you should keep your house on the market during the holidays including …
1) Although there are fewer buyers during November and December, the buyers are more motivated.
2) Buyers who are currently renters time the purchase of a home with the expiration of their lease. Leases expire every day of the month not just in non-holiday months.
3) People are relocating to Spring Texas for jobs every day. These people can’t wait until after the holidays to find a place to live. They have to find a place to live NOW!
4) Not all buyers celebrate the same holidays.
5) There are fewer homes on the market during the holidays. Keeping your house on the market gives you a competitive advantage.
6) Buyers are in a “good mood” during the holidays and they are easier to negotiate with.
If you truly want to sell your Spring Texas home, then keep your house on the market during the holidays. I cannot guarantee you will sell your home if you keep it on the market but I can guarantee you won’t sell your home if you take it off the market.
Jill Wente is an exceptional Realtor - a true professional and an expert in her work. Jill has guided us... read moreJill Wente is an exceptional Realtor - a true professional and an expert in her work. Jill has guided us through the process of buying more than one property over the years and we couldn't wish for a better agent - Jill is the best! Jill is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with - she works hard to make real-estate transactions appear easy and practically effortless for her clients. Jill has incredible attention to detail when answering questions, sharing important information, preparing paperwork, communicating reminders about the next steps - always timely, accessible, thorough, efficient, and highly professional. When we work with Jill, we know we are in good hands. Very highly recommend Jill to anyone looking for the best real estate agent! read less