Should you get your Spring Texas home inspected before putting a For Sale sign in the yard? Yes or No ? Both answers have advantages and disadvantages.
1. repairs could be made for less money. Instead of hiring licensed technicians which is whom the buyers would want to perform the repairs, you could hire a handyman or do the repairs yourself and save money.
2. provide buyers with comfort in the overall condition of the house. You would provide the inspection report to buyers and identify the items that were repaired. Buyers would feel confident in the overall condition of the property. They may still have another inspector inspect the property. The buyers inspector may find items that were not identified by your inspector.
No – The advantages of NOT getting your home inspected before listing it are:
1. reduce your cost of sale. On average a mechanical and structural inspection costs $425. Instead of spending money on the inspection you could spend the money on the buyers requested repairs.
2. money’s spent on the right repairs. All buyers are not alike. A repair that one buyer may think is an absolute must another buyer may consider to be no big deal.
3. no reports to scare away buyers. In Spring Texas, sellers are required to disclose and to provide to potential buyers any written inspection reports that were prepared by licensed inspectors within the last 4 years. Sometimes buyers are scared away from a property because they interpret the inspection report incorrectly. Buyers may fail to take into consideration the items that are common for the age of the house or were not code at the time the house was built.
I always recommend sellers do not get their home inspected before I list it for sale. I want potential home buyers to fall in LOVE with my sellers house first and then we will deal with its condition.
We entrusted Jill Wente with the sale of our current home and purchase of a new home. From the beginning... read moreWe entrusted Jill Wente with the sale of our current home and purchase of a new home. From the beginning she was extremely up front and honest about exactly what we would need to do to get our house sold. We had an incredibly tight timeline, that she explained would be difficult to make - but she helped us make it happen and our house sold in 2 days! She had recommendations for all our home repair needs and they were all professional and fairly priced. She worked hard to really sell our offer for our new home - she was able to pull off the tight timeline, securing a rent back from our old house so we had time to move out, and a contingency for our new home. Definitely exceeded our expectations. She was so helpful along the way - as first time home sellers we really relied on her and we feel lucky to have worked with her! You will not regret working with Jill! read less