The busiest time of the year for the Spring Texas real estate market are the months of May, June, and July. Since we are already half way through the month of May, you don’t have time to waste if you want to get your house sold this summer.
Here are 5 things you can do to get your Spring Texas house sold faster:
1. Price it right – The summer selling season only lasts a few months and then its gone. Now is not the time to be trying a higher price for a while and then reducing it. Pricing it right to begin with increases the likelihood your Spring Texas house will quickly go from “for sale” to “sold”.
2. Make it easy to show – Yes, I know it is a hassle to be ready to accept a showing on sometimes as little as 15 minutes notice. But you have to let the buyers view your house on their schedule because if you don’t they will find another house and forget all about yours. Any day of the week, any time of the day is a good day and time for a showing. The more showings you accept the sooner your house will be in contract.
3. Clean it up – It’s time to do all those things you have been meaning to do but your hectic schedule keeps getting in the way. Buyers want to see your home sparkle. They are not as forgiving on the condition of your home as your family and friends are. Time after time I have seen buyers not purchase the home that best matches their needs because the home was dirty.
4. Declutter – Buyers want space. Space for their things. When your closets are crammed full and the counter tops can barely be seen, buyers don’t see any space for their things.
5. Depersonalize – To get your house sold faster, you want to attract as many potential buyers as possible. Potential buyers need to be able to envision themselves living in the house. You are selling your house and not your personal items, so pack up the religious objects, the college diplomas, the baseball collections, and the family photos. You want buyers to remember the house and not your personal items.
Jill was phenomenal during every step of selling my father's home. This process was extremely difficult for me, as... read moreJill was phenomenal during every step of selling my father's home. This process was extremely difficult for me, as my father passed away last year. Jill listened to EVERY story I had, and there were a lot of them! She allowed me to share the memories of the house, which helped me prepare to let it go.She is very knowledgeable in what to and what not to do in regards to getting the home ready to sell, what to tackle during the negotiation process and she made the closing extremely convenient. She was thoughtful enough to place the "sold" sign on the property a week in advance, to allow me time to process it all. Paying constant attention to what is happening around your listing is one of JIll's many strengths. Her goal is to get you the most money for your property, and she has different strategies to that end result. I not only gained a new realtor, but in JIll, I also gained a friend! I will be forever grateful for her through this tough process and I know my Dad would have loved her! "Thanks," will never be enough! read less