The busiest time of the year for the Spring Texas real estate market are the months of May, June, and July. Since we are already half way through the month of May, you don’t have time to waste if you want to get your house sold this summer.
Here are 5 things you can do to get your Spring Texas house sold faster:
1. Price it right – The summer selling season only lasts a few months and then its gone. Now is not the time to be trying a higher price for a while and then reducing it. Pricing it right to begin with increases the likelihood your Spring Texas house will quickly go from “for sale” to “sold”.
2. Make it easy to show – Yes, I know it is a hassle to be ready to accept a showing on sometimes as little as 15 minutes notice. But you have to let the buyers view your house on their schedule because if you don’t they will find another house and forget all about yours. Any day of the week, any time of the day is a good day and time for a showing. The more showings you accept the sooner your house will be in contract.
3. Clean it up – It’s time to do all those things you have been meaning to do but your hectic schedule keeps getting in the way. Buyers want to see your home sparkle. They are not as forgiving on the condition of your home as your family and friends are. Time after time I have seen buyers not purchase the home that best matches their needs because the home was dirty.
4. Declutter – Buyers want space. Space for their things. When your closets are crammed full and the counter tops can barely be seen, buyers don’t see any space for their things.
5. Depersonalize – To get your house sold faster, you want to attract as many potential buyers as possible. Potential buyers need to be able to envision themselves living in the house. You are selling your house and not your personal items, so pack up the religious objects, the college diplomas, the baseball collections, and the family photos. You want buyers to remember the house and not your personal items.
Jill was an excellent realtor when I sold my home in Spring, TX. It was my first time selling a... read moreJill was an excellent realtor when I sold my home in Spring, TX. It was my first time selling a home myself, and she did an amazing job as far as making the process as smooth as possible, while at the same time making sure I made the best profit I could on the home. She was always checking in to make sure my thoughts/needs were being considered and met, while also offering strong suggestions based on her considerable knowledge of the area. Jill also went above and beyond during an extreme weather event that occurred while the home was on the market - I had already moved and couldn't make it back down to Spring to take care of some damage that the weather caused. I called Jill, and she was able to very quickly get someone in and perform the repair with no issues whatsoever. If I ever move back to the Spring area and I'm looking to buy a home (or sell it later!), Jill and the team at BH&G Gary Greene will be the FIRST people I contact. read less