If you are thinking about selling your Spring Texas home this year, it’s time to start tackling those remodeling projects. The majority of buyers want NEW, NEW, NEW. They don’t want homes that are fixer-uppers. Fixer-uppers are work and buyers don’t want work. Buyers want to move-in and immediately enjoy their new home.
The Top 5 LOW COST, HIGH IMPACT remodeling projects you should do before putting your house on the Spring Texas real estate market are:
1. Replace worn out carpet. You don’t have to replace it with top of the line quality carpet. Builder grade quality carpet will do just fine. Ask your Realtor for recommendations on carpet providers and colors.
2. Replace out dated light fixtures. Nothing screams old and dated as much as brass fixtures. A couple of hundred dollars and a trip to Lowes is all it takes.
3. Update the faucet fixtures. Buyers want luxurious bathrooms. Give it to them by replacing the fixtures. Don’t know what kind of fixtures to buy? Ask your Realtor for guidance. View builders inventory homes that are in your price range and see what they are putting in.
4. Replace kitchen tile back splash. Back splashes of ceramic white tiles and Forest Green inserts are out. Travertine, mosaic, glass, and subway tiles are in.
5. Add a fresh coat of paint. One of the cheapest things you can do is to add a fresh coat of paint. Slow down and take your time painting. Be careful not to splash paint on the ceilings and the baseboards. Buyers can tell the difference between a professional job and a diy special.
What else can you do to sell your Spring Texas house for more money? Our articles on: Top 30 things to do before you put your house on the market and 7 tips on showing your house will tell you.
Jill was amazing! She was so attentive and knowledgeable through the whole process from deciding to list to closing day.... read moreJill was amazing! She was so attentive and knowledgeable through the whole process from deciding to list to closing day. Jill helped with a lot of ups and downs during the selling process, from giving recommendations of contractors to filling in at my house when I was traveling. I'm moving away from the Houston / Spring area, but if I were around, I have Jill help with purchasing too. Highly recommend Jill for buying / selling needs. read less