Halloween Events and Activities in Spring Texas – 2012
Halloween and Christmas are the two holidays that no matter what your age it is okay to act like a kid. So have some fun and enjoy yourself by attending one or all of the Halloween activities available in the Spring Texas area.
Haunted Houses – ScreamWorld (voted #1 in Houston by Houston Chronicle and Houston Press) is designed to make your hair stand on end. It certainly can cause a bad dream or two. Join the ScreamWorld fan list and receive a coupon for $3 off admission. They are open Thursdays – Sundays during the month of October with discounts nights on Oct. 14th and Oct. 18th. The horror ends on November 3rd. ScreamWorld is not recommended for children under the age of 12.
Walking Ghost Tours – How about a spine chilling walking ghost tour of Old Town Spring? The tour is scheduled for October 30th from 7 – 9:00 PM. The tour is $22 and you need to book it in advance.
Zombie Walk – Dress up as Zombies and walk the streets of Old Town Spring to benefit the Gulf Coast Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Zombie Walk is scheduled for Oct. 27th with registration and pictures at 2:30 pm. Zombie Walk at 4 pm. Costume contest and dinner following the walk with Zombie movies at 7 pm.
- The Old Time Christmas Tree Farm is holding its annual Pumpkin Patch on Saturdays and Sundays through October from 10 to 7 pm. Take photos of the kids with pumpkins, ride the train, go for a hayride, then pick out a pumpkin to take home and turn it into a jack o lantern. Admission is $3 per person for everyone over the age of two. Ride tickets are $2.
- Faith United Methodist Church at 2403 Rayford Rd in Spring Texas. Their pumpkins are harvested on the Big Reservation of the Navajo Nation. You can hunt for the perfect pumpkin from their patch daily. Hours are Monday – Saturday 9:30 am – 7 pm* and Sunday 10 am – 7 pm* or sundown.
- TGR Exotics’s Pumpkin Patch on the Wild Side at 22115 Sherrod Lane in Spring Texas is open Monday – Friday from 10 am – 2 pm*, Saturday from 10:30 to 5 pm and Sunday from noon to 5 pm from September 29th – Oct. 31st. You must have reservations for weekday visits and they must be made 24 hours in advance. You can get up close and personal with camels, kangaroo joeys, piglets, and other baby exotic animals. Visit on the weekend to attend a “Meet the Keeper” session and view a surprise animal not on public display. Admission is $7 which includes the price of a hay ride.
- P-6 Farms is hosting their second annual corn maze and fall festival from Sept. 22nd – Nov. 25th. The main attraction is the corn maze that was cut into an 8 acre corn field with stalks nearly 8 feet in height. A shorter maze will take you about 20 minutes to find your way through while the longer maze will take you between 40 to 60 minutes. You can also search for the “perfect” pumpkin, take a hay ride, race ducks or enjoy their other activities. They are open on Friday from 4 to 8 pm, Saturday from 10 am to 8 pm, and Sunday from noon to 5 pm. Admission is $8.50 for children (4 – 11), $10.50 for adults (12 – 64), and $8.50 for seniors.
- PumpkinFest at Faith United Methodist on October 2oth from 9 to 4 pm. Chili cook-off from 11 to 2 pm with a bounce house for the kids and a bake sale.
- Scream-In at Barbara Bush Library on October 19th from 6:30 to 10:30 pm for teens in grades 6 – 12 only. Halloween-themed activities, costume contest, huunted library, and crafts. Must be registered as the event requires a signed permission form.
- Spooktacular fundraiser at The Woodlands Children Museum on October 31st from 4 to 8 pm. Wear your costume and spend Halloween at the museum. There will be games, face painting, music, magic and of course treats. Admission is $7 for members and $9 for non-members. Parents FREE.
Trick or Treats:
- Trick or Treat Trail at Town Green Park on October 28th from 3 to 6 pm. FREE event.
- Spooky Saturday at the Woodlands Mall on October 27th from 12 to 2 pm for ages 4 – 12. FREE event. Pumpkin decorating, costume parade, pumpkin and patch, and of course trick or treating.
- Goose’s Acre at the Woodlands Waterway will be hosting their annual Halloween Party on October 27th at 9 pm. Enter their costume contest with cash prizes, dance the monster mash and devour a complimentary buffet at midnight